Vitamin B7 Biotin Test
Vitamin B7 Biotin Test is water Soluble vitamin B7 is produced by bacteria in the body and it is present in numerous foods. Vitamin B7 supplements are very useful in the treatment of neuropathy, Hepatitis, hair loss, depression, and for brittle nails. It is found naturally in some foods and also in supplements. It plays a vital role in assisting enzymes to break down fats, carbohydrates, and proteins in food. Vitamins B7 is not stored in the body. So daily intake is necessary.
Is This Test Have Other Name:
Biotin test is also called vitamins test. Vitamin B7 test is called vitamin H.
Function OF Vitamin B7:
- Vitamin B7 helps in the growth of healthy hairs and nails.
- Vitamin B7 helps to maintain muscles and help in the growth of muscles.
- Vitamin B7 helps to boost our immune system.
- Vitamin B7 helps in proper functioning of thyroid and adrenal glands.
- Vitamin B7 helps to maintain normal nerve function and helps to maintain sugar levels in the blood.
- Vitamin B7 help in brain development.
- It maintain the cholesterol level in our body.
Diet Rich Vitamin B7:
- Sweet potatoes
- Eggs Yolk, Oats and wheat
- Mushrooms, Dairy, Spinach
Deficiency Symptoms of Vitamin B7:
Signs of deficiency symptoms included:
- Hair loss or aloopia
- A scaly, red rash around the eyes, nose moth and genitals
- Fatigue, muscle pain
- Day skin, weakness
- Lass of appetite, dry eyes
- Breakable Nails
Causes of Low Vitamin B7 in Blood:
- Biotinides deficiency
- Prolonged use of antibiotics and anti-seizure
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Long term dieting
Normal range of vitamin B7:
Normal range of vitamin B7 is (133 – 329 pmol/L).
How to perform the Test:
Collect the 3 to 5 ml blood in a red top tube. Centrifuge the blood sample. and after the centrifugation separates the plasma or serum. Use the serum or plasma for the test, and find the level of biotin vitamin B7.
Treatment of Vitamin B7 Deficiency:
- Getting Vitamin B7 (Biotin) from food
- Vitamin B7 Supplements (Biotin)