Vitamin C Test
Vitamin C Test, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) in serum is measured using isocratic ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (UPLC) with electrochemical detection at 450mv (range 200nA). Vitamin C is an essential vitamin that must be used in the diet. at is a water-soluble vitamin C that is not stored in our body So that’s why it must be consumed through diet or supplement daily. of f lack, vitamin C leads to a condition called Scurvy. A vitamin C Blood test detects Vitamin C deficiency.
Is This Test Have Other Name:
- It is also called Ascorbic Acid Test.
- Also called L- Ascorbic Acid Test.
Function Of Vitamin C:
- It helps keeps cells healthy and works as an antioxidant to protect cells. Vitamin C helps to convert fats into energy in our bodies.
- It provides helps our nervous system work healthily and helps to boost our immune system.
- It regulates the hormone system and helps to make our healthy bones, ligaments, tendons, teeth, and skin strong.
- Vitamin C helps in healing wounds.
- It helps to synthesize collagen.
Vitamin C Deficiency Syndrome:
- Fatigue and Bones weakness
- Delayed wound healing
- Shortness of breath
- Dry and Rough skin
- weight loss
- Falling of Hair
- Pale or yellow skin
- Spoon shaped nails
- Bleeding from nose
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Immune Impairment
- Swelling or joints pain
- Bleeding from Gums
Causes Of High Vitamin C in Blood:
- High doses of Vitamin C
- Tissue-damaging provident instead of antioxidant
- Kidney stone
- Digestive system upset
Causes Of Low Vitamin C in Blood:
- Poor diet
- Smoking or Burn
- Gum and dental problem
- Dry hair and skin
- Anorexia Nervosa and imitability
- Diabetes and AIDS patients
- Dialysis patient
- Pregnancy and Edema
- Overloaded Iron and Gastric ulcer
- Gingival Swelling with loss of teeth
Diet Rich in Vitamin C:
- Peppers and Green chili paper
- Black currants
- Potatoes broccoli
- Papaya Tomato’s
- Kakadu palm (100 times more vitamin than orange)
Normal Level Of Vitamin C:
The normal level of Vitamin C is 0.6 to 2 mg/dL.
How to perform the Test:
A blood sample was taken, and Fasting for 12-14 hours was required.
Refrain from taking vitamin C supplements or fruits 24 hours before sample collection
Collect 3 to 5 ml of blood in an EDTA tube for diagnosis of Anemia and 3 to 5ml, of blood in
Green Top tube with lithium heparin after 12 hours fasting and the patient must not consume vitamin C supplements or other Fruits containing Vitamin C for 24 hours before taking the sample. Centrifuge the blood sample and separate the Serum & plasma. After centrifugation, Plasma was run on Elisa’s machine to find out the level of vitamin C.