Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient. It is a very strong antioxidant nutrient that protects our cells from damage. It is found in natural foods as well as in dietary supplements. It is stored in the liver, muscles, and Adipose tissue- vitamin is a group of 8 fat-soluble compounds that include four tocopherols and four tocopherols and four tacos it is found in many foods including vegetables, oils, etc.
Function Of Vitamin:
- Vitamin & protects our cells (RBCs) from damage
- Vitamin helps to reduce effects of ageing
- Helps in the absorption of vitamin E
- Helps to reduce heart attack
- Helps to reduce cancer and stroke
- It helps to boost our immune system
- It helps to prevent fertility
- Vitamin E is essential for integrity of cells
- It protects the platelets aggregation
Diet Rich Vitamin E:
- Peanuts, Tomatoes
- Peanut Butter
- Corn oil, Sunflower seed
- Sunflower Oil
- Trout fish
Symptoms Of Vitamin E Deficiency:
- Fertility problems
- Muscle weakness, Nausea
- Fatigue and Poor Vision
- Day and loss of hair
- Miscarriage, Gastric distress
- walking and Coordination Deficiencies
- Anemia, Diarrhea, headache
- Leg Cramps
- Heart problems
- Muscle pain
Other Name OF Vitamin E:
Vitamin E is also called Tocopherol Test.
Normal Range Of Vitamin E:
- Adults: 0.5 to 1.8 mg/dL
- 1-2 years: 03 to 0.9mg/dl
- 12-19 years: 0.6 to 1.0 mg/dl
Causes of High vitamin E in Blood:
- Vitamin E intoxication.
- Taking to much Vitamin E supplements.
- Malabsorption Difficulty body to digest fat.
- Obstructive liver disease.
Causes of low vitamin E in blood:
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Hern lytic Anemia chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic carcinoma
- Ataxia (Genetic condition)
Purpose of this Test:
- To diagnose persons with sensory and morter neurons.
- To diagnose persons with intestinal malabsorption of lipids.
- To find out the level of Vitamin E in premature infants requiring oxygenation. Hemolytic disease in pre-mature infants disease.
How to performed the Test:
Blood Sample required. 12-14 hours fasting before the Test.
Take 3 to 5ml blood in Red top tube or Gel tube Centrifuge the blood and use plasma or Serum for further test. And run the test in advance machinery to identify the vitamin E.