Vitamin B1 Test
Vitamin B1 Test is an essential vitamin that must be used. in the diet or through supplements. Vitamin B1 is a water-soluble vitamin. The lack of vitamin B1 leads to a condition Beriberi vitamin B1 is closely tied to energy, cholesterol, and neurotomes milter production in the body. Vitamin B1 tests for deficiencies or excesses of the vitamin.
The function of Vitamin B1:
- It helps the digestion and breakdown of food.
- Vitamin B1 helps body cells to convert carbohydrates into energy.
- Vitamin B1 helps our nervous system and muscles to work healthily.
- Vitamin B1 helps to boost our immune System.
- It helps to keep our hearts healthy.
- It helps in the formation of red blood cells.
- Vitamin B1 helps to prevent damage to mitochondria to maintain normal growth.
Diet Rich in vitamin B1:
- Sunflower seed
- Green peas
- Brow rice
- Sweet potato
Vitamin B1 Deficiency Symptoms:
- Irritability and eye problem
- Rapid heartbeat
- Fatigue and burning sensation in feets
- Chest pain
- Muscle cramps
- Memory problem
- Muscles weakness
Normal Range of Vitamin B1:
2.5 to 7.5 ug/dL OR 78-185 nmol/L
Another name of Vitamin B1 Test:
Vitamin B1 is also called is Thiamin test.
Vitamin B1 side effects Symptoms:
- Weakness Sweating
Causes Of High Vitamin B1 in Blood:
Consuming high vitamin B1 in food or Supplements.
Causes of Low Vitamin B1 in Blood:
- Excessive use of polished white rice.
- Excessive use of alcohol may absorption of thiamine
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Liver disorders
- Strenuous exercise
How to Perform the Test?
- Collect 3 to 5ml blood in EDTA Tube after 12 hours of fasting.
- Centrifuge the blood sample.
- Separate the plasma or serum and use it for testing, and run in an advanced analyzer to find the value of vitamin B1.
It takes a Thiamine supplement.