Lupus Panel Blood Test
Lupus Panel Blood Test is a combination of four tests used for the diagnosis of SLE ( systemic Lupus Erythematosus) disease. SLE is an autoimmune disorder. In which the body’s immune system starts attacking and damaging its tissues in different organs. SLE can damage the Heart, vessels of Blood, kidney joints, brain, lungs, and skin. A lupus test includes.
- Antinuclear Antibodies (ANA), C3, C4
- Direct Complete Blood Count with Differential and platelets (CBC),
- Urinalysis Complete, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA),
- Sedimentation Rate (ESR), CRP, PT etc.
Function Of Lupus Test:
This test measures the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets as well as the amount of hemoglobin a protein in red blood cells. If the result may indicate you have anemia. Then which commonly occurs in lupus.
Symptoms OF SLE Disease:
- Severe Fever
- Skin Rashes (Butterfly rash)
- Pain with swelling joints
- Mouth Ulcer
- Nose ulcer
- High Urinary protein
- light to Sensitive
- Anemia with hair loss
- Chest pain
Normal Ranges Of Lupus Test:
|ANA Test (Antinuclear Antibody Test)|
Anti DNA Titre
C3 complement Test
C4 Complement Test
|Less than 1:20 or not deeded|
Less than 1:20 or 30 to 74 IU/mL
88 to 201 mg/dL
15 to 45 mg/dL
How To Perform The Test:
Blood Sample Needed.
- Water Bath 37C
- Blue Top tube
- Glass Tubes
- Patient blood sample (serum de plasma)
- Pipettes and Tips
- Stop watch
- CaCl, dRVVT reagents, APTT reagent (LA sensitive, insensitive)
- SLE Latex test positive control, negative Control
- Slides and kits
Collect the 3 to 5ml blood sample from the patient, Centrifuge the blood sample and separate the serum or plasma. Bring the later reagent and Sent to room temperature and mix latex reagent gently before use.
Place in separate sides of the slide.
|Serum||Positive Control||Negative Control|
|Positive Control||—–||1 Drop||—–|
|Negative Control||—–||—–||2 Drops|
|Latex Reagent||1 Drop||2 Drops||2 Drops|
Mix with separate stick and spread the fluid Over the entire area of the wall.
Rotate the slide for few mint and observe for agglutination.
Other name of Test:
- Also called Lupus comprehensive Panel
- Also called Lupus Analyzer panel
If the slide show agglutination then the result will be positive. And if no show agglutination then the result is negative.
Treatment Of SLE:
- Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine.
- Use of steroids like prednisone or methylprednisolone.
- Use of immunosuppressive drags like cyclophosphamide or methotrexate or ciclosporin etc.
- Heparin or warfarin or low does Aspirin is also used in blood thinner.