C4 Complement Test
C4 Complement Test, This test measures the amount of C4 proteins in your blood. These proteins are part of your complement system, an important part of your immune system that helps kill diseases Causing Like bacteria and viruses. C4 play an important role in removing certain infection complement test is most frequently used for confirming hereditary angioedema. By measuring complement C4 levels, especially in how they compare with other parts of the complementary system, one of the diseases that commonly involves abnormal levels is systemic lupus erythematosus or lupus an autoimmune disorder.
Why do I Need This Test:
- You may need this test if your health care provider suspects have an autoimmune disorder, Or Symptoms of lupus may include,
- Rash in the shape of a butterfly on your cheeks
- Mouth and nose ulcers
- Hair Loss cheeks
- Joint pain up swelling
- Low fevers, extreme fatigue
- Headache Son or light sensitivity
- Extreme tiredness
- Swelling around your eyes, hands feet
- Pain in your chest
Deficiency in Complement C4 Levels:
- Henoch Schonbein purpura, a type of inflammation of blood vessels.
- Childhood diabetes mellitus.
Causes Of High C4 Value:
- Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia
- Ulcerative Colitis
Causes of Low C4 Value:
- Acute SLE [systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- Inborn C4 deficiency
- Hereditary Angioedema
- kidney transplant Rejection
- Bacterial Infection (Specially Neisseria)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Normal Ranges OF C4:
C4 Compliment Test (15 to 45mg/dL or 0-16 -0.48 g/dl)
Purpose Of C4 Test:
Tests to measure antibodies in your blood. Erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein tests, which measure inflammation pommels of test to determine whether your kidney, Liver and muscles are involve.
How to perform Test:
Insert a small needle into your vein and draw blood into a tube attached to the needle. Enough blood has been drawn they well the puncture site, to stop any bleeding. Take a 5ml sample in a gel tube or red top tube. Centrifuge the blood sample. After centrifugation separates the plasma or serum for further process. By using serum or plasma run to advance analyzer to find out the level of C4 complement like Elisa method. Architect method and immunofluorescence method or maybe other advanced techniques.
The normal cy complement measurements for men is typically between 12 and 72 mg/dL of blood. and the normal range for women is usually between 13 and 75 mg of complement per dl of blood.