Ascariasis Disease is a Parasitic infection It is a sail-transmitted helminth. It has a worldwide distribution. Symptoms include abdominal discomfort or pain. Heavy infections can block the intestines and slow growth in children.
Causes of Ascariasis Infection:
It is a large and pour worm. It is also called a giant roundworm growing to 25 cm or more. It is the most common intestinal helminth. at exist in two forms Egg (ova) (Having 4 forms) fertilized, decorticated, Embryonated, and Unfertilized second form is worms (Larvae) Male and female.
Symptoms of Ascariasis:
- Weight Loss
- Abdominal Pain
- Loffler’s Syndrome
- Blood in Sputum
- Cough & fatigue
- Ulcer in intestine
- Worm Passing in stool
- Blood in stool
Life Cycle of Ascaris Lumbricoides:
- Infective embryonated eggs ingested in food from contaminated hands.
- Lawae hatch, Migrate through the liver and lungs.
- Pass up the trachea and are swallowed.
- Become mature worms in the small intestine.
- Eggs are produced and Passed in feces.
- Eggs become infective (embryonated) in sail in 30-40 days.
Diagnosis of Ascariasis:
Treatment of Ascariasis:
- Tablet Mebendazole
- Tablet Albendazole