Complications of Blood Transfusion
Complications of Blood Transfusion, Primarily the purpose of blood transfusion is to save a person’s life, but in some situations, due to carelessness or any other reason, a complication or loss may occur. Possible complications during blood transfusion may include:
- The color of the face may change due to blood transfusion, there may be a feeling of heat, and the face may be red.
- There may be tremors in the body like a fever.
- Sometimes the patient starts sweating.
- A bleeding disorder can cause headaches or pain elsewhere.
- Transfusion of blood with the wrong RH factor group can lead to serious complications in the form of RBC destruction. Death can also occur in this condition.
- Sometimes blood transfusions cause jaundice.
- If the blood is not preserved properly, then the patient dies immediately due to the damage it causes.
- Kidney failure can occur as a result of blood transfusions.
- Sometimes blood transfusion is a complication of urinary obstruction.
- Move the blood at the proper speed, as well as the pressure on the heart when perfused. If the heart cannot withstand the pressure, death occurs.
- Sometimes the needle gets stuck, if someone disturbs and uses air pressure to open the needle, the needle opens but the air enters the patient’s vein creating a dangerous situation.
- Sometimes germs of disease are transmitted through blood and can cause related diseases. Like malaria or AIDS hepatitis etc.
- Therefore, if the bleeding complication is controlled in time, the patient’s life is saved, but if there is a delay, it can be life-threatening. Therefore, all precautions must be taken in blood transfusion otherwise it can be known.