Rh Antibody Test
Rh Antibody Test, This test is done in those pregnant women whose spouses have RH type (RH type) which is not compatible with each other i.e. one has blood (RH+ve) and the other has blood (RH-ve).
- Place ten small tubes in a rack and mark them with markers 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 —- 1/512.
- Now put two drops of normal saline in each tube.
- Add two drops of the patient’s serum to the first two tubes.
- After shaking them well, take two drops from tube no.2 and put it in tube no.3. Now shake the tube number 3 and then add two drops of it into the tube number 4 and repeat this process till the last tube.
- Now add a drop of two to five percent identified (O+ve) cells to each tube. Mix gently and spin at RPM 3400 for fifteen seconds.
- Now put two drops of 22% albumin in each tube and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash each tube three times with normal saline.
- Now put two drops of Coombs Serum in each tube. and then spin at (3400RPM) for 15 seconds.
- Observe for small bubbles in all tubes.
In that last tube as far as you can see the little specks will be the antibody level i.e. if it is 1/128 then that is the antibody level.