Insomnia is one of the sleep disorders. In insomnia a person does not sleep, there is a disturbance in sleep and there is no quality sleep. There are many causes of insomnia, but we will look at insomnia from a laboratory Perspective to see if there are any lab tests that can be done on people suffering from insomnia It’s often associated with stress and anxiety. It is a sleep disorder that makes it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep. A Person may also wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep.
Types of Insomnia:
They are two main types of Insomnia tests:
- Time: short-term Insomnia or chronic (long-term).
- Cause: Primary insomnia means it happens on its own. Secondary insomnia is a symptom of another Condition.
Symptoms of Insomnia:
They have many Symptoms is:
- Trouble in Sleeping
- Chronic (Long up short term) Insomnia
- Daytime Effect
- Wake up too early
- Anxiety, Depression, Irritability
- Daytime Sleepiness and tiredness
- Wake up during might
- Difficulty asleep at night
- Poor sleepness
Causes of Insomnia:
- A poor environment where you sleep
- Use alcohol before going to bed
- Use caffeine or any drug before going to bed
- Bedrooms that are too light, cold, hot, etc.
- Due to stress and anxiety
- Dirty, Noisy, Bad environment Lifestyle factor
Insomnia test in Lab:
- Serum Iron test
- Sleep apnea screening device
- Thyroid function test
- CBC test
- Arterial Blood Gases
- CRP Test
- HbA1c Test
Treatment of Insomnia:
- Exercise regularly in the daytime.
- Before bed 1 hour ago take bath, read books.
- wake up and go to bed at the same time every day.
- Take a good diet.
- feeling good.