Hazards and Precautions
Hazards and Precautions, Different types of tests are done in the laboratory, blood, urine, mucus Semen, biopsy and many other tests are done. This process involves obtaining a sample from a patient for testing and then testing it and discarding the remaining sample, with the risk of transmitting an infectious disease such as a germ to someone on the laboratory staff. can get infected and that person can get the disease and if it does, it can cause great damage.
Therefore, there are a few things that laboratory workers should follow to avoid infection and avoid any kind of damage.
- The persons working in the laboratory should wear gloves on their hands. Use sterile clothing.
- It is important to use a mask on the face.
- Glasses should be used to protect the eyes.
- Prohibit entry of non-essential persons except those working in the laboratory.
- People who work in the laboratory should be vaccinated to prevent diseases.
- Minimize the use of mouth pipettes during laboratory tests.
- Smoking should be prohibited in the laboratory.
- There should be reasonable arrangements to deal with any emeritus.