Toxoplasmosis is blood test, Toxoplasmosis is part of torch profile panel. This infection is Caused by parasite commonly picked up from cat and stool. Babies room get congenital toxoplasmosis. If untreated it Can Cause blindness, deafness, sneeziness, and Intellectual disability. Toxoplasma Gondi is the Cause of Toxoplasmosis it is single celled Parasite.
Transmission of Toxoplasma Gondi:
Direct Human contact with cat’s faces
- Soil contaminated with cat’s facces
- By eating contaminated meat” of Lamb pork, shellfish, venison, when undercooked
- Unborn Baby get infection from their mother in womb
- Unpasteurized water with Toxoplasma Gondi
- Infected Blood Transfusion or Organ transplant
- lymph nodes swelling Body aches
- Lungs inflammations
- Heart muscles inflammation
Following symptom occur in:
- Brain Damage
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Problem in walking
- Abnormal movements
Effect of Toxoplasmosis on New Born Babies:
- Body Rash
- Mental retardation
- Liver Damage
Diagnosis of Toxoplasmosis:
- Blood IgG/IgM detecting by ICT method,
- Blood IgG/IgM detecting by Elisa method
- PCR (polymerase chain reaction)
- Bone Marrow culture
- Giemsa staining of biopsy sample
- Periodic and Schiff (PAS) staining
- Indirect hemagglutination Test (IHA)
- Western Blotting
- Ultrasound, CT Scan
- MRI and Amniocentesis
Bring the specimen and test components to room temperature ( of refrigerator or frozen), Open the pouch at the notch and remove the device, Each kit Contains.
- 10 pannel devices
- 10 plastic droppers
- 2 Sample diluents
- 1 Package insert
Place the test device on a clean, flat surface label with specimen id number. Fill the plastic dropper with specimen, Dispense 1 drop of serum into the Sample well in each panel (avoid air bubbles), and add 2 drop of sample diluent to the Sample wells in each panel. Set up the timer and read the result after 10 minutes.
Conclusion Of Result:
Result is negative and their is no infection because IgG and IgM is absent.
IgM antibodies present in the sample of patient, it indicate Acute Infection.
If IgG antibodies present in the sample of patient, its indicate past/latent Infection.
Both IgG and IgM Positive:
IgG and IgM both antibodies present in Sample of patient, It indicate Latent Acute infection or Recurrent infection.
Treatment of Toxoplasmosis:
Treatment of Toxoplasmosis By using Drugs, Pyrimethamine, and Folic Acid.
Prevention of Toxoplasmosis:
Use of Gloves during Gardening or working in soil, Use Bottled or boiled water, and Only eat food that is well Cooked, properly.