Luteinizing Hormone LH
Luteinizing Hormone LH is a hormone produced by gonadotropic cells in the anterior pituitary gland. The production of LH is regulated by gonadotropin releasing hormone from the hypothalamus. In female an as an LH surge triggers ovulation and development of the Corpus luteum.
How To Performed The Test:
This test measures the level of Luteinizing Hormone LH in your blood. It plays an important role in sexual development and functioning. It is made by your pituitary gland. In women LH helps you control the menstrual cycle. LH is a dimeric glycoprotein hormonic secreted by the anterior pituitary in response to hypothalamic gonadotrophin releasing hormone. LH have two Subunit and is Common to other glycoprotein hormones, while subunit, which confers biological activity, has some homology with that of human chorionic gonadotrophin. LH is very important for male female.
Other Names of LH:
LH is also called Gonadotropin, LH also called Lutropin.
Functions OF LH:
- Controlling the functions of Ovaries in females and tests in males which are known as gonads.
- Males Testes Produce Testosterone.
- Produce testosterone from the Leydig cells of testes.
- Release the ova from Ovarian follicle.
- Promote the secretion of estrogen from follicle.
Diagnostic Importance of LH:
To evaluate Fertility issues to evaluate Health of reproductive organs in men and women. To Diagnose early late puberty in children. To diagnose pituitary function.
Range OF LH:
- Less than 2 years —————(0.5-1-9 IU/L)
- 2-10 years Less than ———–(0.5 IU/L)
- 11- 20 year ———————(0.5 5.3 IU/L)
- Adult —————————(1.2-7.8 IU/L)
Different range of LH in female due to mensural days
- Follicular phase ———————(1 to 18 IU/L)
- Midcycle phase ———————(8.7 to 80 IU/L)
- Luteal phase ————————(0.5 to 18 IU/L)
- Post menopause ——————–(12 to 55 IU/L)
Take a blood sample from 3 to 5 ml blood in red top or green top or gel tube. Mark the numbering into the blood vail, and then centrifuge the blood sample, The solid particle is sit down in the corner of test tube, and the plasma or serum on the top.
Warm up the buffer solution at the room temperature 5 to 10 minutes, Insert SD card and read the batch member. Take serum 20 ul with the pipet, Add Serum to the buffer them shake up 5 to 10 time, Take mixture 80 ul with pipette. Add mixture to the sample hole of the Cartridge. click test standard test – Confirm, Insert the Cartridge click start test. wait Testing, After few Seconds The test result comes out.
When LH levels start to increase, it can indicate ovulation likely occur within one to two days.
Causes Of Increased LH Level in Women:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Tuner Syndrome
- Early puberty
- No Ovaries
- Ovarian Tumor
- Autoimmune disorders
Causes OF Increased LH Levels in men:
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- NO testicles
- Malfunctioning testicles
- Radiation Therapy
- Gem cells
- Auto immune disorders
Causes OF Low LH levels:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Lack of sexual interest
- Malfunctioning pituitary gland
- Malfunctioning hypothalamus
- Anorexia nervosa
- That the patient have stressed