Trichomoniasis Test is often called trich. It is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by parasites. A parasite is a tiny plant or animal that gets nutrients by living off another creature. It can spread when an infected person has sex with an un-effected person. The infection is more common in women, but men can also get it Infection usually affects the Lowes genital tract. In women that includes the Vulva, vagina, and cervix. In man, it’s ten infected in the Urethra. The tube that carries urine out body. Trichomoniasis is one of the most common diseases in the United States more than 3 million people are currently infected. Many people are infected with this disease but they don’t know they have it Sometimes you don’t feel the symptoms. But they come to increase the risk of getting or spreading other STDs.
T. Vaginalis, trichomonas vaginalis testing wet prep.
Symptoms OF Trichomoniasis Test:
- Vaginal discharge that is grey-green or yellow it is often foamy and may be a fishy smell.
- Vaginal itching and or irritation.
- Painful Urination.
- Abnormal discharge from the penis.
- Itching or irritation on the penis.
- Burning feeling after urination and offer sex.
Risk factors of Trichomoniasis Test:
- Sex without using a Condom
- Multiple sex partners
- History of other STDs
If you are a woman, your health provider will do a visual exam of your genitals to look for patchy red spots. Take a sample of the discharge and /or cells from your vagina using a small brush or Swab. The sample will be placed on a special slide under a microscope and look for Parasites.
If you are a man, it will do a visual exam of your Panis and may use a swab to take a sample from the urethra. Both men and women may get a urine test. During urine test, it includes the following steps.
clean the genital area with Pad. A man should wipe the lip of their Panis. Women should open their labia and clean them from front to back. Collect the urine into the container. Return the Sample container as instructed by the laboratory.
- The result may be positive it means you have a trichomoniasis infection.
- If the test was negative but still Symptoms have shown.
- If the women patient is pregnant and has a trichomoniasis infection, they may be at higher risk of premature delivery and other pregnancy problems.