Rabies is a viral disease. If left untreated that it can be fatal. Rabies can infect nerve cells which are also called a neurotropic virus. Rabies is a Preventable viral disease and it is transmitted through the bite of a rated animal. The rabies virus damages the nervous system (CNS) of humans and can cause disease in the brain and ultimately cause death.
Symptoms Of Rabies disease:
- Itching around the bite area.
- Sensitive to touch and Sound
- Loss of Appetite
- Strange thoughts
- Muscle spasm in the throat
- Paralysis and coma
- Hallucination and Hyperactivity
- Hydrophobia (fear of water)
- Excessive saliva, fever
Course Of Rabies disease:
The rabies virus is caused by a rabies infection. Raby’s genetic material is RNA so-called RNA virus. It is spread through the saliva of infected animals. Infected animals spread the virus by biting another unaffected person or animals.
Transmission of Rabies virus:
- The bite of a Rabid animal, which may be a dog, Cat, ferret, Raccoons, fox, Skunks, or Bats.
- Domestic animals are the most commonly observed animals in the transmission of the rabies virus.
- Rabies virus transmits through direct contact like a mucous membrane, broken skin, Saliva, or wounds of infected animals.
Prevention of Rabies Disease:
Start immediate treatment after the bite of a rabid animal:
- Keep Pet’s vaccines up to date.
- Avoid contact with unknown or wild animals.
- Avoid contact with domestic animals.
Treatment of Rabies Disease:
The main treatment of rabies animals is:
- To get vaccine