Incubator, Bacterial growth from culture requires a specific temperature and this environment provides an incubator. Incubator is used for bottle/flask of culture media and culture sample etc.
Incubator Uses and Precautions:
- Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before using the incubator.
- Place the incubator on a flat surface away from all other appliances so that the heat emitted by these appliances does not affect the incubator.
- Keep a close eye on the thermometer attached to the incubator to ensure that the correct temperature is maintained.
- Before placing anything in the incubator, set the required temperature and humidity for the culture and ensure that the temperature and humidity are as required for the respective culture.
- Carefully clean the incubator thoroughly according to the manufacturer’s instructions to obtain the culture.
- A thermometer can be used to check temperature levels.