Estradiol Test is a type of Estrogen hormone. Estradiol is the female major sex hormone. It is formed from the placenta, Adrenal glands, and ovaries, and a small amount by the testes. Estradiol is a female sex hormone. They are usually present at significantly higher levels in women of reproductive age. They promote the development of female 2° sexual characteristics such as breasts, thickening of the endometrium, and regulating the menstrual cycle. In males, it regulates the reproductive system to the maturation of sperm, necessary for a healthy libido. E2 levels in males as much lower than in females, and it has important roles in males. Apart of humans and other mammals E2 is also found in most vertebrates and crustaceans insects, fish, and other animal species. E2 is also called Estradiol Test.
How The Test performed:
A Blood Sample Needed.
Function Of Estradiol:
- It cause maturation and release of ova (egg) from Ovaries
- It helps in the growth of female reproductive organs
- It helps in maintaining prognana
- It helps to improve blood flow
- In Coronary arteries
- It keeps joints y bones healthy
- It helps in moduling modulating
- libido in Man
Causes Of High Estradiol In Blood:
- Tumor in Testes
- Tumor in Ovaries
- Early puberty
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Adrenal Tumor
- Liver Cirrhosis
Causes Of Low Estradiol In Blood:
- Low functioning Ovaries
- Hypo pituitarism
- Turner’s syndrome
Symptoms Of Estradiol:
- Swelling and tenderness in your breasts
- Decrease sex drive
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Mood swings
- fibrocystic lumps in your breasts feeling heat 4 Sweating in women during menopause.
Normal Range Of Estradiol In Blood:
|Men||10 to 50 pg/ml|
|Before menopause||30 to 400 pg/m|
|After menopause||O to 30 pg/ml|
Diagnostic Importance of Estradiol in Blood:
- To Screen ovaries fundion
- To diagnose menstrual problems
- To evaluate cause of infertility
- To evaluate the cause of late
- Or early puberty in girls
- To Diagnose the Late puberty in boys
Collect the 3 to 5 ml blood in a gel tube, label the no of the given sample and centrifuge the blood sample, and use the serum for further testing. The serum is separated from the RBCs. A Cartridge is used for the E2 Label test with a Covet and then you see the covets labeled into a similar color. These are loaded into the machine at the given time up to six tests Can be done simultaneously or parallelly.
And Cover the tips being loaded into the system, Now add a few Control samples than the actual blood sample. Allow the blood sample into the machine to run the tests. Blood samples being loaded after a given specified time around 90 minutes you will check the result and make a report.
- If the Level of estradiol is high and low than it may cause disease.
- Normal level of estradiol 30 to 40 pg/mL for premenopausal.