Laboratory Autoclave Lab instruments are sterilized by autoclave, They are serializable items used in the laboratory. Samples remaining after tests in the laboratory are sample culture media before and after use.
Important precautions for using Autoclave:
- Place the items in the autoclave in such a way that the steam can easily pass between the items. The objects should neither touch each other nor stick to the wall of the autoclave.
- Add water to the Ono Cleo according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Close the lid according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After achieving the specified time and pressure, turn off the autoclave and allow for cooling.
Never open Autoclave when hot or there is a serious risk of burns. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for opening Autoclave.
The TST strip stands for Temperature Steam and Time. A special chemical is applied to this strip which changes the color of the autoclave after the required temperature and time. A color change means the desired steam temperature and time have been completed.
- After use, clean the Auto Cleo thoroughly inside and out.
- Keep a special eye on the burner valve and pressure gauge on the body of the gourd to prevent rust and other damage.
- Continue to check the function of the safety valve as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In case of any malfunction in Autoclave, do not use it and contact the concerned engineer immediately.